Michael Port can be seen on MSNBC, CNBC, and PBS as an on air expert and as the host of the most popular podcast on public speaking and performance, Steal the Show with Michael Port.
He has written six books, including “Book Yourself Solid” and “Steal the Show”, the latter which—according to the former President of Starbucks—“might be the most unique and practical book ever written on the topic of public speaking.” His books have been on the bestseller lists of the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today and Publisher’s Weekly and have been selected by Amazon and 800-CEO-READ as “best books of the year.”
Michael joins us today to start something!
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How Michael got his start in business
- Why Michael wrote Book Yourself Solid
- How his book branched his brand into other public speaking training
- The target audience for Book Yourself Solid
- Becoming a great performer begins with mindset
- It’s easier to perform when you are not seeking approval
- Being tied to outcomes only will allow you to be a better speaker
- You don’t need to be aggressive and ruthless in order to be successful
- It is ok if public speaking isn’t something you are pursuing, you can still be legitimate
- A big idea doesn’t need to be different to make a difference. It just needs to be true.
- You can either be performer or a critic, but not both
- Your social media posts over the last year reveal whether you are a critic or not
- Just because something doesn’t resonate with your doesn’t mean it is bad
Featured on the Show:
**Looking for Backstage Pass Interviews?
Become a SuperStarter and be the first to find out when the stage door will open!